Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Week 5: When we Found Out!

(Dec.4, 2012)

After a few days of feeling a little "different" I decided it was time to go out and take a pregnancy test!  I waited to take one until I was pretty sure that I was pregnant so I didn't set myself up with anticipation just to be let down.  So on Friday, November 30 Makenzie and I headed out to go pick up Christmas Cards and Pregnancy tests! 

Home we came, took the test and sure enough... positive!!  I was so excited (Makenzie was too!) we were jumping and clapping!  (I'm pretty sure she was celebrating me using the bathroom!)   I was 5 1/2 weeks along with a July 31st due date.  Boy do we have a busy July: 7 Birthdays (soon to be 8) and 2 Anniversaries!

While Makenzie ate lunch I made a big sister shirt for her to wear when Matt got home...... what a L-O-N-G wait.  (It didn't help he ran an errand after work!)  When he got home I told him Makenzie had a surprise for him, so he needed to shut his eyes and sit down.  I had the camera taking video of Makenzie walking towards Matt in her "Big Sister" shirt.  You could see his gears spinning... flying!! Then I gave him a box with the positive pregnancy test and due date that confirmed what he was seeing.

With Makenzie, we were in total shock and disbelief!  We had been told that when we go to try having kids it would probably take awhile; yet there we were not trying and she was coming!  Our excitement came months later AFTER we were able to see her on the ultrasound and hear her heart beating.  This time, the excitement was now!

The next day... the morning (all day in my case) sickness began.  Boo... we were hoping I'd feel good for awhile yet, because I wasn't sick with Makenzie until week 6.  Anyways, off we headed (with Makenzie wearing her shirt) to meet up with Matt's family to pick out our Christmas tree.  Matt's mom took her jacket off (totally not noticing the shirt) and Lisa standing close noticed it RIGHT away, which then tipped off Matt's mom.  She looks, screams (mind you we are in a restaurant at this point), scares the bejezus out of Makenzie, has heads spinning from all over the place, then dangles Makenzie in the air to show the restaurant her shirt!  Classic. 

 After we got our tree we headed to my parents house to share the news with them!  Makenzie immediately went to see the Christmas train that they had set up so her back was to my Mom, but my Dad was standing next to her totally not noticing anything.  Then Makenzie turned around and was facing my mom.... nope nothing clicking!  Finally!  My mom nonchalantly asks: Why is Makenzie wearing that shirt?  It's Claire's right?  Me: Nope not Claire's... that's Makenzie's.  Mom: So... why is she wearing it?  Matt: Why do you think?  Mom: Well your not pregnant!  Me: Are you sure?  The woman was in total disbelief!!  LOL!

It sure was fun to see everyone's reactions!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin your new blog "look". I created a new one too. Enjoyed your blog updates.

    ReplyDelete