Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Claire!

(saved from December 18)
Claire is the 2nd oldest niece on my husband's side of the family.... the oldest will be 7 this summer!!  Ahh... these kiddies grow up TOO fast.  I vividly remember when Claire was born.  I found out that Lisa was in labor the day that we were headed out on a mini vacation to Chicago!  We kept getting updates and every update was "still laboring" over and over!  The train ride to Chicago felt like it took forever because I kept waiting for that call that didn't come until hours later when Matt and I were sound asleep.  Claire finally decided to show up and see what this world was all about!!
I love just watching Claire... she has SUCH a personality!  Much much different from the rest of our nieces and nephews so it's taken time to be able to figure her out.  As a baby you couldn't go scoop her up and expect her to be happy... nope she wanted Mom or Dad.  She knows exactly what she wants and always has!  I remember one time I was babysitting her while Dave and Lisa went car shopping.  Claire was FURIOUS!  They left and she screamed and screamed and screamed.  So I set her down across from me, gave her some toys and just let her stare at me.  After awhile we were best friends!  And that's how it's always been with her... she needs her space... let her warm up to ya... then BOOM she loves ya!  It's such a fun process to watch and one that I think is dwindling away.

After we moved in with my in laws I saw her every Tuesday and was able to really get to know her.  One day she came to me and brought me a book to read to her and she hopped up and curled up on my lap while I read to her... talk about making my heart melt!!   She's just so reserved that when you do get that cuddle or that hug it's a big deal!  And you know she really means it.  For other kids to hop on a lap and read a book it's not a big deal, but to Claire it is!  It's just that much more special!

I'm glad that we have moved closer to her, because I think if we didn't we wouldn't get all the loving we get from this girl!!  And I'm lovin' the lovin'!!

Happy Birthday Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment