Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Surprise 50th Birthday Party!

Early January, my mom celebrated her 50th Birthday!!  Only a week after she was making a comment about being almost the same age as a woman in her early 40's :-)  Hehe.  Yeah, she was off by a few years! 

My sister and I decided not to do anything until the end of the month because 1, I still wasn't feeling very good and 2, it would throw her off-- hopefully!

What she knew:  The immediate family was coming over for an afternoon of games and then dinner to follow.

Well she got suspicious that Monday before the party she had wanted to come over early.  I said no and that raised an eyebrow.  But to be honest... my thoughts were: you're already over for most of the day, why come any earlier??  So whether we had the party or not Mom... No is still my answer :-)

What was really happening: Extended family and a few friends were coming over with games and appetizers followed by dinner out at Logan's.

The pics:




Ricky must still be hungry!  Makenzie's watching you!  Stay away from her food or else!!!


I thought the party went great!  I had it during the day so by time I felt crappy at night everyone was out of my house.  I happily ate all the appetizers everyone brought and then happily ate a lot at Logan's!  When we got home at 7 my house was empty... and clean!  All except my mom's new honking Over the Hill Cane that she "accidentally" left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment