Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Timing

I was just talking to my Grandma the other day that sometimes I pick dumb times to do things!  For example... Tuesday.  (Keep in mind I'm going totally OCD over being sick this past weekend and have been washing and sanitizing on a daily basis!)  I decided to put Makenzie's paci in the dishwasher to get it super clean... AT nap time.  Well once you throw it in it's touched everything else and you can't just yoink it back out.  SO I figured.... I suppose it's a good day to get rid of the paci!  NOT.  I totally overdid it with housework on Monday and was paying for it on Tuesday and REALLY needed to lay down.  She was so ticked.  Screaming and crying.... but I held out because I KNEW how tired she was and she would crash any min.  Nope.  Didn't happen. 

Let me tell you as soon as that dishwasher was done I ran to it, got the paci, gave it to Makenzie and walked out of her room.  She didn't stop crying!  She was way too ticked to just let that one go.  So I sat with her and rocked her to sleep.  As soon as I knew she was out, I picked her up to put her in her crib because my nap time was limited.  She woke up... door bell rang... naptime = Over.

So that brings us to today!  I thought that I should make a to do list of stuff that I've been wanting to do, but just don't remember or end up having to do something else.  My to do list got long really quick. (Go figure!)  Just after lunch only one thing had been crossed off the list... making freezer jam.  Cleaning Makenzie's room and vacuuming would just take a few mins, so in we went to tidy up!

An hour later.... toys were picked up.  Floor was vacuumed.  And the room and closet was completely rearranged!!  Seriously!?!?  I picked then to do that why???  LOL!  I'm happy I did it.  I got her changing table out of the way and made room for it in the closet where I am using it as some much needed shelving!  So moving that out of the way left a wall open and one thing led to another and the room is totally different. 


She had so much fun! She would pick stuff up and move them too.  And by rearranging it left the room MUCH more open than it was before.  Before she had a corner to play toys in.  Now she's got the whole center of the room! 

Happily running around in circles in her room!

Look at that open space to throw even more toys!!!  Yipee!!
Before the crib was where the chair is now.  Changing table was where the shelves are.  Shelves where the crib is and as was the chair. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement on my blog! I'm so glad I found yours!
    I so need your motivation to get some things done in my kids rooms. I have nightmares about their closets! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete