Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hunting Widow's Weekend!

Well, it is definitely that time of year again for all of us wives married to hunters!  Men are gone most of the weekend hunting leaving the wives at home with the kids.  Leaving little time for the wives and kids to spend time with Daddy/ Husband.  Normally it's not that bad!  Gives me a chance to do things with Makenzie one on one in the evenings when normally she's all about Daddy.  Yeah this past weekend was a WHOLE different story....

Friday night, right after work, Matt headed out to go hunting.  Makenzie played while I made a yummy stir fry for dinner.



After dinner I decided it would be fun to make pumpkin bars!!  Tis the season!!  So my little chef (who normally sits on a stool) pushed a chair over and climbed up.  She'd stir the flour and sugar around in her bowl while I made the pumpkin bars in mine.  Makenzie definitely didn't like the taste of the pumpkin, but definitely like the batter all mixed up :0)


Then our night went downhill.... while licking the better she stepped off the chair.  Luckly I was close enough to where I caught her, but it was enough to upset her and cry.  Then when I took the better away from her you would have thought she was dying.  The screaming and the crying coming out of that girl!!!  WOW.  So then I go to distract her with her favorite toys, books, music.... crayons.... mama dancing... boping on the bed!  NOTHING stopped her angry cry.  She was MAD.  So into pj's she went and we sat in front of the tv (yes that distracted her!) on opposite sides of the couch waiting for Daddy to come home to put her to bed.

Saturday morning she woke up getting ready for the day!!
She had her pj's all unzipped, and boy was she proud!  We headed off to my cousins for a 31 Party and then to a craft fair.  Came home for some lunch, saw daddy for a few mins and off for a nap she went!

And then nap time was done.... Daddy was gone hunting.... and Makenzie was NOT happy.  It took me an hour and a half to make dinner and get it on the table for us to eat, which she then wouldn't eat.  Everything I did to try to make her happy... made her even madder.  I couldn't win for losing!  So... back into pj's and off to bed.  Yay for hunting season!

Makenzie trying to mooch Grandma's Pumpkin Bar!
Sunday was a nice day though.  Matt was home all day and we had my Grandparents over for Turkey Soup.  My grandpa is one of Makenzie's favorite playmates... so she was VERY happy!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a change in attitude by next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment