Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Daddy's Deer!

What a nice weekend we had!  Matt took last Friday off and had a half day of work on Thursday, so for Makenzie and I our weekend started Thursday morning!!  We headed over to Grandma's work to pick up some peppers Grandpa had gotten for us and then headed to the Dr's office to get our flu shots.

Our Dr's office is attached to the hospital, and when we pulled in I could see that there was a helicopter about ready to take off.  How cool!!!  So I quick drive over there, somehow I ended up a little closer than what I had wanted to, and watched the helicopter take off.  Oh did Makenzie think that was cool!  It was loud and it was CLOSE!  Thankfully the helicopter took off just fine, and we found a parking spot and moseyed into the Dr's. 

I was a little nervous how this was going to go... they had told me to come a half hour early to register (new program).  Being in a waiting room and trying to keep your child entertained and quiet stresses me out!!  It did take us a half hour, Makenzie was great!  Once we were registered they got us right in and out.  (Deep breath!  Let the vacation begin!) 

We headed home, finished packing, and headed up north so Matt could go hunting with my dad.  So while Matt went hunting Makenzie and I unpacked and made ourselves at home in the Man Cave.  (Man Cave.... I came prepared with my cleaners and spent the first hr and a half cleaning!!)  By time Matt came back from hunting I was exhausted from cleaning, unpacking, cooking and chasing Makenzie around.  She is so curious and touches and taste EVERYTHING!!  I'm a germ-a-phobe and that doesn't fly for me. 


Friday morning went much better.  (Besides the fact that Makenzie got up an hour and a half earlier than normal when her mama hardly slept!)  We got up, watched the sun come up and could see little ice balls all over the ground!!  It was COLD out!  As we were eating our breakfast we got a call from Matt to say that he had shot a deer!  That's exciting stuff at our house.  Last fall Matt went months without seeing any deer so for him to get one already was exciting and a little bit of a relief because he knows that will put meat in our freezer!

So out the three of us went. 

34 degrees but sunny. 

It... was... cold!!!  We had fun taking Makenzie out in the woods and having her help find the deer.  Once we found it she was really excited... then like... wait why is it just sitting here!?!?  Then she didn't want to be by it, yet she didn't want to lose sight of it :0) 
Very curious about the Deer's Ears!!

Love you Daddy!
That night the rest of the family came up!  My sister and I made dinner for everyone and just enjoyed each other's company.  Saturday morning we had a great big breakfast Matt made and just hung out inside while it POURED outside.  ALL day!  Makenzie had lots of fun getting all sorts of attention from everyone and even made a new friend!  We decided to leave after dinner Saturday night so we could unpack that night and worry about getting the deer processed on Sunday.  (And get a good nights sleep!)

Sunday afternoon we headed over to Matt's parents where the boys worked on the deer while the ladies tended to the kiddies!!  I got to hold my baby nephew and give him some snuggles too before we headed for home!!  We've been so busy I haven't got my fix of him yet since he's been born!!

After dinner we cheered the Tigers onto another WIN!!!!!!  While playing zoo with Makenzie :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment