Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fun Fall Weekend

The weekend started with a tired Mama (from getting over my cold) and a whiny Daddy (Yes Matt got sick too).  Instead of making Balsamic Chicken and noodles, which was on the menu for Friday night, I decided I was too tired to do anything.  Off we went to pick up some pizza from Hungry Howie's.  (We're usually only Jet's Pizza eaters, but we decided to try something different.... next time we'll go back to Jet's!) 

We finished Friday off with dancing the night away to Toddler's Tunes!  (Romantic, eh?)  Makenzie loves to dance and we had on the tunes for her and she kept yanking at Matt and I so we could dance... so we did!!  Matt and I were both exhausted, but it was FUN.  I think one of these nights we should go outside to make sure we can't see thru the blinds!!  This dancing seems to be an almost every night ritual :0)

Saturday night we headed over to Matt's parent's house for a visit to their pumpkin patch!!  All the grandkids had such a fun time picking out their pumpkins and carving them.  This family is just growing and growing.  I had to get a shot of the dinner table all set up for all of us!  We had a great dinner and then carved the pumpkins and of course (thank you Makenzie) danced.




"Yikes!!!  I don't know what is in here
but Grandpa!!!  Pick me UP!!!"


When Grandma came out of the bathroom looking like
that... Makenzie didn't know WHAT TO DO!!!
So she stared at her for a good 5 mins :0)
Makenzie helping Auntie Mandi feed her new baby cousin!





While we were there a bunch of turkeys ran thru the yard.  All the kids gathered around to see while Matt and his brother decided they would run after the bunch to "catch" one!  (Which I have on video!!)  They didn't come close, but it was sure funnnnyyyy!!!  Once they were gone Makenzie just sat there looking out the window for the rkeeee :0)  I told her they went to bed and that we were going to eat a turkey for dinner tomorrow night.  Her response cracked me up....  Ohhhh NOOOOO!!!  I forget that she understands pretty much everything we say!

Hehe, our turkey Sunday night was delicious, we had some great company!  I love to make turkey and love that we get so much for leftovers that I can freeze it and make other meals out of it.  Win-Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment