Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wipey, Windy, Watery Wednesday

Today has not gone as planned.  As a mom you learn that your days rarely go as planned when there are kids running around.  Normally I'm okay with that... but I am BUMMED.  Most of this winter has been spent in this house due to the morning sickness, and then winter really hit- Keeping us in too.  I want out now!  I want spring to come so we can at least play outside, not have to worry about how the roads are or be sick!  I want sunshine, the beach, the parks... I just want outside!!  Not today tho... it is WINDY and COLD and yes, the snow is BACK!!  LOL!

Makenzie got up this morning sneezing quite a bit and had a runny nose.  I thought I would still bring her to our playgroup.  But... as the morning went on and we were about ready to go she just got worse and worse and I decided it would be best to just keep our germs to ourselves.  Dang! 

Instead we spent most of the morning wiping her nose and her eyes.  Her eyes are SO watery it looks like she's constantly crying.  So we spent some time watching cartoons (which happened to be outdoor themed), played cars, and looking at all the animals in Daddy's magazines.



This afternoon I have spent wandering around the house looking for something to do...something fun!  (Don't get me wrong I have LOTS of housework I could do... but I don't want to...not fun!)  So I decided to head to the basement and take a peek at our dirt.  
Anyone recognize that face??

See that green ball on the left!!!  That was a seed yesterday!!!

And here's the garden!  :0) 

More seeds!
I'm calling you out Matt!!  My husband thinks I'm a total dork doing this.  But I think it's fun!!  And SEE!?!?  They are actually growing!!!  (Well... 2 seeds at least... but that's a start.)  And he thinks it's dorky, but he's been down stairs trying to make a "greenhouse" atmosphere for this. 

(I think somebody is starting to get into it!)

1 comment:

  1. Love that pic of Makenzie looking at animals!! So doggone cute!

    ReplyDelete