Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

19 Weeks!

Well... if we have THIS baby as early as we had Makenzie, we are half way thru!!  That's a better number than this ticker on my blog reminding me that I have 144 more days to go. Aye-carumba!

Baby #2
We had our ultrasound this past Wednesday.  Spent an hour watching our little baby... it was just awesome!  I would have loved for Makenzie to have been there, but an hour is just too long for her to sit.  As far as we know the ultrasound went well, we have a doctor's appt next Friday to hear the report from the radiologist.

We did NOT find out what we are having!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so shocked that we didn't chicken out while we were there and have the tech tell us.  So this will be a different adventure not knowing what we are having!  It sure makes the thought of labor and delivery more pleasant.  I hate suspense, so I will really have a surprise after delivery.  With Makenzie we knew it all, knew she was a girl and had her name picked out. 


Week 19
Weight Gain: 17 lbs... and we found out the baby only weighs .6lbs.  Hmm...
Cravings: Sweets still... more along the lines of fruit!  We have been eating a LOT of fruit.  I've been eating a LOT in general!  So fun!
Baby #1
     Energy: I have a good chunk during the day... unless Makenzie wears me out!  I usually get a second wind when she is taking her nap.  And then by 8 pm I'm on the couch done for the night and in bed sleeping by 10!
Sleeping: Is better than it was!  I am NOT a good sleeper during pregnancy, so in comparison to before I'm sleeping awful, but great for me being pregnant.  (Does that make any sense!?)  I get up multipule times to use the bathroom and each time I roll over I pretty much have to sit up in bed and get totally repositioned and THEN go back to sleep.  It's a good few min process and then by time I'm comfy I'm awake again and have to wait for the sleep to hit me.
Feeling Baby:  Over this past week this little wiggle worm has just started going like crazy!  I've been able to feel the baby for awhile now, now I'm just able to feel it more frequently and with a little bit more umpfh.  I have felt the baby have the hiccups two times now :-)  So cool!
Baby & Makenzie:  Makenzie definitely notices my belly getting bigger.  Each morning when we brush our teeth and do our hair she sits on the bath counter.  She LOVES it when I make a "face" (with the lotion) on my belly, then her two chubby hands help me rub all the lotion in.  While she is doing that she'll say hello to the baby and "shake" my belly to wake the baby up!  Before I put her down for a nap I read her stories and she use to sit right on my belly.  Now she sits on my lap in front of my belly but the space is getting limited.  And the baby doesn't like her leaning back on it and kicks and kicks and kicks. 
Braxton Hicks: I've been pretty uncomfy this past week, my stomach has really hurt.  I've chalked it up to my belly just stretching, but when we were at the ultrasound the technician said that she could see that I was having contractions!  (That was Wed night)  Since then I have been paying more attention to when I get them and how long they last and I'm getting them a few times a day... lasting 30-45 mins.  I sure didn't get them this early with Makenzie.  I can pretty much guarentee that I will get them after I put Makenzie in and out of the truck or am lifting Makenzie in some way.  I'm hoping that they don't come more frequent as I get bigger and it doesn't cause any problems!


1 comment:

  1. Perhaps it's time for you guys to switch vehicles so it is easier for you to get Makenzie in and out of the car . . .

    ReplyDelete