Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Screamin' Weekend!

I'm having a really productive day so far!  My laundry, which usually takes until 4-5:00, is almost done.  (Ignore the fact that right now everything is on the couch waiting to be folded... I am busy posting this blog and happily eating strawberries and cupcakes!)  Groceries are done, dinner is in the crock pot.  Sweet!

Friday night Matt and Makenzie worked in the basement getting everything organized a bit better than what it was.  AND making a home for all of our veggie seeds that we planted on Saturday!  I was so excited to plant our seeds!  I'm always stupid excited on anything garden related... I have inherited my Grandpa's green thumb that is for sure.  My Grandpa has grow lights in his basement and keeps plants going all year round and harvest and grows his own flowers!  Kinda dorky, I know, but I've ALWAYS wanted that at my house too.  And now I do!
A little early for these, but we will need these knee pads to plant the garden outside!! 


Adding dirt!
Saturday afternoon I used all sorts of recycled products to get our garden started.  We planted: Grape Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Peppers, and Jalepeno's.  Matt's not real hopeful that anything will happen, but I am!  I think it will be neat for Makenzie to be part of the planting process and checking on them to watch them grow.  So, yeah, I'd be really happy if they grew!
Adding seeds!

Saturday morning I volunteered at Breakfast with Babies, an outreach program that helps single mothers and families that don't have it all, like we do.  My job was to hold babies and talk with the families.  Me, being a shy person, it was a little intimidating to walk over to someone and snatch their baby and talk to them.  So I stood there for awhile :-)  Then I got brave and dove right in.  The mom's and families "shop" in the church store where they leave with a giant bag of goodies and necessities!  There is also a nice breakfast for the families to eat too!  By the end of the morning my black shirt was covered in baby slobber and I had held 3-4 babies giving their momma's a little bit of a break for them. 

That night we had some good friends over for dinner!  Matt got the charcoal grill rumbling and on went the chicken!  Me, I was inside destroying the kitchen.  I may be a good cook, but MAN, can I make a messy kitchen.  I was trying to get most of the meal made before our friends came over.... well right before they got to our house I had a potato explode!  Yes explode.  I had potato ALL over the counter, cupboard, floor, me, my hair.  So I scrambled to pick up the mess before they got their to question my cooking abilities!!

I didn't totally get the mess cleaned up by time they got there, but when I saw a giant tub of icecream and a bag FULL of all the makings for sundaes nothing else mattered!  Yes, these are GOOD friends!

I could totally go for another one of these about now!
Sunday morning we did church.  These past two weeks I have been called out b/c Makenzie had a "full" diaper.  Last week was a disaster.  When they came and got me this week they said: Makenzie was the last one we checked last week... as soon as we smelled something this week we knew it was her!  LOL, that's embarrassing.  So I go and get her and into the bathroom we go... no dirty diaper... just gas!  I think they were so scared after what they saw last week that they didn't bother actually checking.  Oh Makenzie!!! 

Then Sunday afternoon... JUST as I had my menu in hand trying to figure out what we were going to do for dinner my sister calls to see if we want to come over for dinner!!  Um... YA!  I hadn't gotten anything even thawed out for dinner and no cooking is ALWAYS nice... especially when she says "giant roast" and "cupcakes".  I'm in!  We quickly stopped for a visit at my grandma and grandpa's and then headed over!
Makenzie always has to see the water (creek)!

What fun we had!  Yummy food... things got a little crazy with the kids during dinner... yummy dessert... then a "show" afterwards!  Dave, the family musician, just got an accordian and was happily playing that for us while the kids danced.  What a fun night!
Yes they are screaming!!!

Yes... they are too!
Dancing while Uncle Dave plays!

Uncle Dave!

Matt's turn!!
Snuggles with Joshua while watching home movies!

AND... I got to come home with cupcakes!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Loved the screaming picture! Especially love little Claire holding on to the table on both side with her hands while screaming!

    ReplyDelete