Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

When Matt Calls

Saturday night, Matt had left to go out deer hunting (surprised??) while Makenzie and I hung out at home.  She had kind of a late nap that day since we spent a good chunk of the day shopping and eating at a Mexican Restaurant.  In fact I let her sleep till almost 5! 

When I was getting her out of the crib I could hear that Matt was calling... and when Matt call's when he's out hunting that's usually good news!  And it was!  Matt shot his second deer for the season.  We usually go thru about 2 deer a year and we've already hit that and the season isn't over yet! 

These calls are so fun, you can hear how excited that he is and that just gets me all sorts of excited and so proud of him!  So Makenzie and I met up with Matt's brother and out we headed to go help him get the deer.  Ended up being a late night for us, poor Makenzie didn't eat until just after 7!  Then Sunday was spent processing the deer, and of course, venison steaks for dinner.  Matt marinaded them REALLY good, which reminds me I wanted to write that down so we do that again!!  He's become quite good in the kitchen I must say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment