Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day's without Daddy

Last Wednesday Matt left until the end of the weekend to head up north and go hunting!  So it was just us gals, and we were ready for some girl time!!  I was kind of concerned as to how the week was going to go... when Matt had been gone for a weekend she would get CRANKY.  This girl needs her daddy time and requires a lot of attention at night, when I am getting ready for dinner, and cleaning up.  So I had quick and easy meals and really everything went great (besides the sleepless nights!).

Wednesday night she was up 5 times throughout the night crying.  She'd cry for a few mins and go back to sleep.  Her crying woke me up and then it would take me forever to get back to sleep (I am a lite sleeper to begin with, and Xtra lite when Matt's gone).  As soon as I would go back to sleep she'd wake up crying again.  That was night one.

Thursday we didn't have anything planned, so I thought we could spend the day together and do something fun!  But as we were getting ready she kept grabbing her blanket and saying "nigh nigh"... uh oh.  It was only 10am!  I decided to take her out hoping it would distract her from being fussy and wanting a nap extra early.  So we headed to a bounce house, there was one other kid there, it was great!! 





"I've never seen so many balls!!!"



She was a little shy at first but then LOVED it!  I was hoping to get a picture of her with Lightning MacQueen going over her... didn't work out... she was freaked!  When we got to the top she said "ready" "GO!" and she flew down the slide BY HERSELF!!  No fear I tell ya.  I was a little scared... and she wasn't at all!  Even after my second time going down I was still a little scared!!  It was a lot of work for me... I came home SOAR.  She had a hard time getting up the steps to climb these bouncy things so I pretty much had to pull myself up and hold her under one of my arms. 
"Nope... not standing there by myself!"
"Ready"

"WHHEEEEEEE!!!!"  


Makenzie was impressed with the glove as big as her!

In the toddler area she met the other little, big, boy that was there.  Makenzie did NOT like him as he kept bouncing balls off of her head.  Then, right before we left he grabbed hold of her head and slammed it into his chest "hugging" her.  Ew.  We left right after that.
"I'm sorry I bounced balls off of your head.  Can I have them back?"
 So go figure... that afternoon... she didn't nap.  I thought I had her TOTALLY tired out.  We went to Lowe's after the bouncies to pick up tile for my backsplash and she was talking about how bad she wanted to go nigh nigh there.  Hmm... it was an early bedtime for her that night!  (Makenzie was up till 1am Thursday night)

As soon as Matt left, I turned the Christmas music on and watched Christmas movies after Makenzie was in bed... it was taking all my will power to not make Christmas Cookies!!  Instead I found a recipe for pumpkin cookies.  My little chef and I whipped up a batch of those... they were DELICIOUS!  Never had a pumpkin cookie before :0)  Makenzie likes to sample everything, so I gave her some pumpkin... oh what a face!
Recipe: http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/32364
/old-fashioned-soft-pumpkin-cookies/detail.aspx

YUCK!

 Friday night we had Cousin's Game Night!  We had a soup and salad dinner (with Gma of course!), then played a game and watched a chick flick!  Us cousin's should get together more... we were missing 3 girls, so hopefully next time we'll have the whole clan!
Kelli's Ready!!
Makenzie not sure if she wants to share her
bib with Auntie Kelli!

Saturday, my MIL offered to watch Makenzie for most of the day.  I dropped Makenzie off over there after lunch and headed to my friends house to catch up on life and scrapbook.  When I went to go pick Makenzie up oh she was having SOOO much fun!  There are now 5 cousins, 6 and under... all had a blast at Grandma's Pizza Party.  They got to make pizza's, Christmas door hangers, and eat chocolate chip cookies!!  The whole ride home Makenzie just babbled on and on and on and on and on.  Oh how I wish I knew everything she was saying. 

That night after Makenzie had gone to sleep she was awaken by Daddy peaking in to say hello and goodnight!  It was so sweet... all I could hear were giggles and Makenzie saying "Daddy!  Daddy!!".  We were SOOO happy to have Daddy back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment