Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

November's First Weekend

Last weekend Matt went up north hunting leaving Makenzie and I to hold the fort down!  Like I said in the last post, it was kind of a bummer that he had left, since I was still shaken up...BUT we had a lot of things planned so it would have been a bummer for him to stay home since we wouldn't be together all that much!

My mom and I were throwing my cousin a bridal shower on Saturday, so Friday night Makenzie and I ran a few errands then headed over to my Grandma and Grandpa's house with some left over's for dinner!  (I know I'm a baby... I didn't want to eat dinner by myself!!)  We visited there for awhile then came home and Miss Makenzie went to bed and I finished prepping everything I needed to for the shower.  We were having an apple themed party, so I was working on cutting burlap!

Saturday morning went really well!!  Mornings with kids can be kind of hectic when you need them to go smoothly and have some place you need to be at a certain time!  Dropped Makenzie off at my hubby's parents and off my Mom and I went to go get the shower started!


The Bride to BE!


Celeste about to hit jackpot with gifts!!




Is there anything cuter than a pony right on top??








































Once we got home that night we reheated leftovers again (oh yeah! Living the life!) and then we spread blankets out in the living room, popped popcorn and stuck a movie in.  I was TOTALLY exhausted so I was really hoping for some good cuddles and R&R.... I was very surprised that she totally went for it!  (It always seems that when I'm out of it or not feeling good is when she wants the most attention.)  It was fun for us.  That was the first time she had had popcorn and the first time we sat and watched a WHOLE (1 1/2 hrs) movie. 
Too busy watching TV to even look!

Matt came home Sunday afternoon... no deer... but he did see quite a few!  Makenzie was very happy to see daddy and had a nice time sticking him with return address labels :0)  Hey, can't blame her for not wanting him lost!  Thing is... they were old address labels so he would be returned to our old house.  Hehe!

 Oh I almost forgot!  We did some potty training this weekend too.  Nope not for Makenzie... but for her teddy bear!!  Haha it cracked me up!!
Go POOP!! She'd yell at him!!  Haha. 

"C'mon, C'mon!"


No comments:

Post a Comment