Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tis the (OUCH!) Season!

5:50 last night I happened to be on Facebook and had read a message my aunt had sent me about a local Christmas parade going on at 6:30!  I instantly decided that we were going.... why??  Especially since I was sick and in pj's all day and we had 40 mins to eat dinner, bundle up, and GET to the parade route.  But, I had never been to a parade at night and knew Makenzie would LOVE it.  I had made us each some hot cocoa and off we went bundled up and ready for the 35 degree temps to watch the lighted parade.  What F-U-N!  Seriously, I loved it, Makenzie loved it, Matt loved it!!  On top of that the houses that are on the parade route are VERY old and kept up SO well and were SOOOO beautifully decorated.  I felt like when we were walking thru there I was in a story book.  It was just amazing.  I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME!!!



The parade lasted longer than I thought it would, we were just starting to get cold when it ended.  We went home and rounded up all the trash to take down to the end of the drive for trash pickup and Makenize was playing on her bike.  (She could barely move between having on her winter coat and snowpants and boots!)  Something got caught on her bike wheel and Makenzie ended up flipping over the front of the bike and faceplanting it into the cement.  Her hands were stuck on something because she didn't even put her hands out to brace her fall :0(  I picked her up and saw blood and pretty much threw her to Matt!  We headed inside to check out her bloody lip and thankfully the candy from the parade was an excellent distraction for her while we iced her lip.  I feel for her.... 3 molars coming in at once and now a big fat oowy lip! 

Showing off her Boo Boo
2 suckers right before bedtime!!!  Lucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment