Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Grandma's Sunshine


Yesterday morning, my mom went into the hospital for surgery!  I think the surgery was well over due, as she has been dealing with the problem for months now.

Makenzie and I headed to the grocery store to pick up a turkey and then we went to go visit her.  My mom was in a lot of pain but you could still see her face light up while Makenzie was just being Makenzie.  Makenzie was a bit confused as to why Grandma couldn't hold her or play with her like normal, but I think she was still happy to see Grandma!

Then today, after yet ANOTHER trip to the grocery store (mind you I had it all planned that I wouldn't have to go to the grocery store at all this week and I've been there TWICE!!) we headed back to the hospital to go visit grandma.  This time grandma didn't have as much hooked up to her and looked a LOT better than yesterday.  Her pain was better than yesterday (she's still in a lot of pain tho!) and she was able to start eating again!  She even had a picnic lunch with Miss Makenzie.  As usual, Makenzie is the hit of the party playing and talking to everyone. 


Last night my dad came over for dinner since his "chef" was out of commission :0)  And boy did Makenzie love playing with him!!

I think if Matt and I didn't stop them they could have run back and forth forever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment