Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Poison Control: 2 Strikes Again!

Wow.  What a day I have had... and Makenzie... and my parents!! 

Normally I get up and take a shower before Makenzie gets up.  Since I've been sick for the past week and a half I decided to sleep in until she woke me up.  She got up, we ate breakfast and I pulled out some toys she hasn't played with in awhile, got the baby monitor and hopped in the shower.  Mistake #1!  That girl is too sneaky and too quick to be left solo, EVEN tho I can hear her! 

While taking the shower I could hear her playing with blocks... sweet!  When I got out I thought about just letting her play nicely so I pulled out my hair dryer out of the drawer and then decided to go see what she was building.  Mistake #2.  SHUT THE DRAWER!

Makenzie was not playing blocks in her room. She had pulled a kitchen chair up to the kitchen counter.  Climbed up to my spice cabinet, pulled multiple spices out, opened them all up and dumped them from container to container to container.  None of my spices were in the right container and were all mixed!!  I asked Makenzie are you cooking for Mama!?!  Uh huh!!  Too cute.  While I am cleaning that up all of a sudden I hear her start screaming!

I run to the bathroom and see that she had nail polish (from the hair dryer drawer that I left open) that she was putting on (in) her eyes.  Holy you know what!!!!!  I immediately turn the faucet on and hold her under it so the water can rinse the polish out of her eyes.  She was screaming so bad that as soon as I saw it clear I scooped her up and gave her cuddles.  Her eyes looked great at that point.... the blue polish was out of her eyes, they weren't red and she was going about normal business.  I called her Dr's office to tell them what happened and see if there was anything else I needed to do.  They said no, but to call the Poison Control office to be sure.  (Between Matt and Ruger I have already had that number stored in my phone!) 

I call and they panic that it's been almost a half hour since it happened.  They said that her eyes immediately needed to be flushed with water for 15 minutes!  Do you have any idea how long 15 minutes is in the toddler world?  Do you have any idea how hard it is to hold your 2 year old down while you are pouring water on her face and she's thrashing all around so water is going up her nose and being swallowed and choking on it??  Wow.  Thankfully my parents came to the rescue and helped me hold her and flush her eyes out.  There was no way we were making it to 15 mins, but we did it good enough. 

It was torture for not only her but us.  The look on her face just broke my heart.  She was crying... I was crying... my mom was crying.  It was bad. 

Thankfully she is doing just fine, her eyes look great.  She's got a new pretty blue dot on her forehead as well as one on her eyelid. 

Like I said yesterday, she sees everything mom and dad do and thinks she can do it to!!  She sees me everyday put makeup on my eyes.... she sees me every day open those spices up while I'm cooking. 

This happened hours ago and my heart rate is thru the roof.  I left for awhile to go restock my spices and bring home a few pizzas.... thinking that would calm me down.... not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment