Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Last Week's 411!

Last week, Matt had off of work!  Makenzie and I were supper excited about it until we saw his "To Do" list (made by HIM... not me!).  I couldn't believe everything that he had to do, and he got most of it done.  It was one of those vacations that you need another vacation after that one because he worked so hard.  And Makenzie and I would like it because even tho he was off of work for a week we really didn't spend anymore family time than what we did when he was working.  :0( Bummer... but that's life. 

Our Kitchen got done!  I already posted on that.  That project went way smoother than either of us thought it would.  I even got in there and helped install the tiles too.  Loved it! 

We did some Christmas shopping one morning last week, got some great deals!!  Came home with a VERY cranky husband.  (He does NOT like to shop and tagged along with us because he needed to go to one of the stores I had to go to!)  Seriously... he is WAY worse than taking any child shopping I swear.  LOL!  And he always wanders off and can never find me again (which gets him upset too).  I can easily spot the 6'5" hubby but he seriously walks right by me... inches away!!  (No joke...) 

Friday Matt spent most of the day at his parents house and hunting while Makenzie and I enjoyed our time at home.  My sister ended up coming over with her dog and kept Makenzie and I entertained for awhile!  Then I pretty much kicked her out when I saw how much her dog was shedding!!  Let me just say it was insane.  I had mopped the floor (for the second time) and about tipped over when I saw all the hair... Katie too!! 

Makenzie was an absolute GROUCH Friday and Saturday.  I've had a cold since Tuesday and thought maybe she was getting that??  But who knows.  I don't think Matt and I have ever seen here that cranky and naughty.  Sunday too actually!  Between me being sick and having all 4 of her 2 year molars in I'd assume one of those things is bothering her.  She seems to be in much better spirits today. 

Another project we did was bought all new Christmas lights for the outside of the house, bought and hung! And we rearranged our living rooms (yes, we have two).  We don't have enough furniture to fill up both rooms nicely, so now the room that was full is empty, and vice versa.  Now we are in the LR with the fireplace.  It will make it nice and cozy in the winter, and pretty with the Christmas tree and decorations.  But having the other living room.... at the front of the house.... where I walk by a hundred times a day be empty.... drives.... me....crazy!

Alrighty, Makenzie is sleeping... and this sick mama is headed back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment