Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Weekend Before Last

I'm to that point in my pregnancy where sitting up right (like at the computer desk) just doesn't work.  Baby has gotten too big and I either have to be standing up or sitting in a recliner.  So I'll make this brief!  There's been so much I've wanted to write about but it's so uncomfortable sitting here and time has been scarce!

Anywho...the weekend before last was a great one!  We started Sat AM off with Matt outside working in the lawn while Makenzie and I made birthday cards and birthday cake ("happy cake") for Matt! 

Things got a little crazy making Daddy's Birthday Card!
 Once we were done Makenzie headed outside for a tractor ride while I got a picnic together to take to the beach.  We had given Makenzie a choice that AM of going to a petting farm or the beach.... she picked picnic at the beach! 



Off we headed to the beach and picniced right on the channel where boats were going in and out.  We all LOVED watching all the different boats cruising thru.  As we were sitting there enjoying lunch I thought "This is why we live by the Michigan Lakeshore... nothing better than this!"  We are so lucky to be close to something SO neat!  There were even tugboats out in the channel busy working on dredging the sand out of the channel! 


After lunch and after we played in the sand a bit we headed out for an icecream cone!  First ones of the year!

Makenzie went on a bike ride with some neighbor kids.


We had a barbecue at my aunt and uncle's house, where we got to visit with them and my cousins!  Silly cousins had all sorts of balls laying around the yard.  All night we were on our toes because Makenzie was busy hucking them here and there!!  Head's up!!

Uncle Kevin explaining to her that her pants are falling down and need to be pulled up!

So that was ALL Saturday!


Sunday I had a bridal shower to go to and then that evening we celebrated a few birthday's and Father's Day with Matt's family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment