Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last Nights Boom!

Unfortunately not the "boom" of thunder but the kind of boom that you hear during the night followed by a child crying.  That's what we had last night...

I had a REALLY busy day yesterday, I didn't mean for it to be, but it just ended up that way!  I didn't quite realize it until I was laying down while my mom was getting Makenzie ready for bed that I had hardly sat down all day!

We started the day down at the Farmer's Market where Makenzie was almost instantly given a doughnut from a farmer friend of ours.  (Yes, that is my favorite food... and I was slightly disappointed I didn't get one too or even a bite!)  Then we headed on down to the kids side of the market where they have all sorts of activities and bubbles to play with.  Yesterday they even had animals to see!  Makenzie got to see 2 lizards, 2 turtles and a snake.  She was so brave and petted each one and even got to hold one of the lizards (who happened to push it to the limits by crawling up her arm and "hugging" her)!  I was so bummed I didn't bring my camera... no pics sorry.

Short on time we nixed our playtime at the Library and headed to the grocery store, then went birthday shopping for Matt, went and got gas (since it was going from $4.10 to $4.29).  We didn't get home until about 1:00, I quick thru lunch together and put Makenzie down for nap/ quite time.  I worked on some chores while she didn't sleep, then headed out in the rain to play/garden!  One thing got crossed off my list... our 2013 garden and landscaping projects are DONE.

After we played out side Nina (my mom) came over and the three of us made 3 dozen rhubarb muffins! 


Wasn't so fond of the spoonful of flour she put into her mouth!
Trying to get rid of the pasty floury mouthful!
 My kitchen got small and flour covered really quick but the 3 of us had a great time!  After chopping 9 cups of rhubarb, baking 3 dozen muffins, making strawberry/rhubarb sauce and waffles... my day was done.



Then during the night we hear the BOOM!  Followed by Makenzie crying.  I was so tired Matt was to her in a flash and I was slowly following behind.  Her railing broke!  It was plastic and she must have been leaning against it and the plastic cracked and down she went.  Dang.  So here I was pretty much still sleeping wandering around the house looking for plan B.  I came up with nothing.... Matt to the rescue!  He surrounded her with blankets and off to sleep the three of us went.

Why would you make a railing out of plastic??  Plastic breaks!!  Dumb buy I guess... glad I only spent $2 on it from a garage sale :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment