Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

~Our Menu~

I go grocery shopping just a couple times a month for a couple of reasons.


1. It's just not fun, sometimes it is, but typically not so much.

2. We are always on a time crunch to get there and get back before either naps or feeding times.  Then a race to get kids fed and groceries unpacked.

3. Germs, yup I'm a germaphobe!

4. It frees up a whole morning the off week!

With that being said, I have to make a two week menu.  This usually takes me forever!!  At least a couple of hours.  I look thru a LOT of recipes before I decide what I want on my menu.  Many recipes I make only once and a lot of other recipes I will reuse, just not very frequently.  (Which has been a problem when it comes to finding the recipe... some are pinned, some are in a magazine somewhere, some are printed and put in a binder, some are in my recipe box!)

The really big problem is when I lose my menu!  They are typically written on the back of a used envelope or inside a notebook, so can be easily thrown out or lost.  I keep thinking I should make the menu on my blog. It never gets lost and maybe I would go back and reuse a menu!?!?  You just never know :-)

So here it goes, the blogs first 2 week menu!!
(Note: FM=Freezer meal *= double meal, one to eat, one to freeze for freezer meal, CP=Crockpot)

FM, Honey Rosemary Chicken over Rice

CP Mac & Cheese

Breakfast Sandwich w/ Fruit

CP Beef Roast, potatoes, spinach

* CP Balsamic Chicken over Spaghetti Noodles

Layered Pasta

Grilled Pork & Black Bean Burritos

Reuben dogs, Baked Beans, Sweet Potato Fries

Grilled Fajitas

Inside Out Burgers, Green Beans, _______ <--- We'll think of something

Ham, Roasted Potatoes, Veggie

Grilled Chicken Queso Pasta (made this last night!  Delish!  See recipe in next blog post!)

Antipasto Sub Club Sandwich, Applesauce


Leave a comment if you are interested in any recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment