Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

This was seriously one of the funnest weekends I've had.  We had so much fun with the family, got stuff done around the house, visited with friends and lots of play time!!  Not typically what we do on Memorial Day Weekend, but so thankful for the change of plans because it turned out great!

We started the weekend with a trip to Lowes to buy some supplies for a quick project, then headed downtown for some frozen yogurt!

Madison's FIRST taste!!  Instant Lover!!

Saturday morning we met my Grandparents for breakfast!

Someone was super excited to find out syrup was in that cup!

So after a quick lesson from Daddy she drowned her pancake!
Service was a little bit slow and Madison wasn't interested in eating anything there :-(  So Matt dropped me off at home while he headed to my Grandparents.  Since it was after 10 and Madison hadn't ate breakfast yet I decided to try some oatmeal and sure enough she gobbled it up.  Then, it was nap time.  By time I got her out of her high chair and into her room she was sound asleep!!!  That has NEVER happened, neither of my girls ever fall asleep anywhere besides their bed or in the car.  

Matt came home and I headed out with Grandma & Makenzie for our first trip to Farmer's Market!  Bought some plants for our garden then headed to the local seed store for the rest of what we needed.

Saturday night we had a cookout with some friends!!  How cute are these girls!!  One year apart to the day!


Poor Reid (whose legs you see to the right) was TOALLY outnumbered by all the girls!
Sorry Bud!!

Paige, Makenzie & Zoe

Sunday morning we skipped church and Matt and I went nutty on the trim work in the house; he put the trim up and Makenzie and I putty'd the nail holes and painted.  At the beginning of the weekend he had the three bedrooms to do and Monday morning he put THE LAST PIECE OF TRIM UP!!!  (He started the project beg of April so it took a solid 2 months.)


That afternoon Matt & Makenzie headed out fishing while I laid out in the sun!  Madison was snoozing, I was in bliss.... laying in the sun, with a book in my hands!  I am such a reader and I haven't read a book since before I was pregnant with Madison :-0

My parents came over Sunday night for cook out number two!  They watched the girls for a bit while Matt and I did the trim game again.  Makenzie had fun showing off on her big girl bike and Madison was racing around in the cozy coupe (with a little assistance from Pop!).






Monday morning started with a fun find!


Of course, around her neck it goes!
 Matt & Makenzie headed out for awhile, so Madison and I enjoyed our lunch together!

Little Miss refused to eat the cut up peach on her plate,
instead she yanked my peach off of my plate!

Lunch!!  Burnt hot dog slathered in sauerkraut and mustard!!  DELISH!!

This was Monday's afternoon project!  Ribs in the smoker!!  

What fun neighbors we have!  Little Leah running thru the mist from the power washer!
If the ribs below weren't sitting in front of me ready to be ate I would have run out there too!!

Happy Memorial Day to us!!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment