Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Saturday & Sunday Shinanagins

It's 8:45, Sunday night, it's raining... really raining!  I absolutely love it.  The smell of spring rain, the sound!  Perfect.  

I am TIRED.  We had SUCH a busy week last week, followed by a very busy weekend!  Seems like all week I've been one direction with the girls and Matt's been elsewhere.

My crazy husband and brother in law got up extremely early Saturday am to go fishing.  By extremely early I mean they were leaving by 4 am!!!  4 AM!!!  I definitely wasn't too thrilled about him going.  Why?  Because that boy needs his sleep... if he doesn't get it he turns into a cranky zombie.  And two, being a zombie on the roads just makes me really nervous.  Well, he didn't come home with any fish, and he wasn't cranky!!  Lose/ Win, I guess.  (Or win win for me because I don't like fish).

While Matt was fishing I headed over to my parents house.  My Dad was making omelets and whoa, that's just not something you want to miss out on!  Mom also had stuff all set up for us to do some egg decorating.



THEN, I packed the girls up and quickly headed home to get them fed and changed into their Easter clothes for pictures to be taken.  We had an appointment just after lunch to have their pictures taken with a bunny and baby chicks!!  Off we went to that!
Perfect time to kick back and gnaw on her shoes!

Boy was that cute!  Typical fashion for these two, they totally clam up when someone new comes along.  Both had such serious faces I couldn't get them to hardly crack a smile.  They had the cutest little bunny next to them and baby chicks hopping around... SMILE!!  Nope.  The photographers looked and me and asked me if I could get them to smile.  Well yeah, I thought, if you guys left!  I gave it a try, didn't happen.  I thanked them and went to go pick up my girls and boom... they were smiling!!  Take it Take it!!  One of the photographers yelled.  I haven't seen the picture yet, but they said they got the girls and part of me :-)  Great, thankfully they can edit me out. 

Once we got home I put Madison down for a nap and Makenzie in front of a movie so I could find my kitchen again.  Totally not kidding... my counters had disappeared!  Major attention was needed.  As I'm rushing in there, Matt working on the trim, Madison wakes up after just a half hour of sleeping.  Pooper.  It took all afternoon to clean that kitchen up and by time it was clean I had to make dinner and it got messy again.  :-/ 

As I'm wrapping up dinner I call Miss Makenzie back home, she was next door at the neighbors making mud pies.  Holy Moly Miss Makenzie!!!! 
 
 
She was NOT happy about me taking the pictures!!  LOL, loved how she had to walk with her hands way out in front of her.  She told the neighbors that it was a good thing I am good at laundry!  Oh boy. 

Sunday morning was interesting!  During church Madison had a major spit up which went all over the pew in front of us.  I totally panicked!  I rushed to get wipes out and it all cleaned up before the people in front of us sat down.  Ek!!  Then Matt ends up spilling his coffee mug!!  Boy oh boy. 

After a quick lunch, Matt and Makenzie went to work on taking more trim down and putting more trim up!
 

Finally, the weekend ended with a burger fry in celebration for Matt's Mom's birthday! 

All the kids were busy running around the yard, kicking the ball, hitting the ball with the bat.  Balls were flying everywhere... haha!  The boys were here!!  We were trying to win the race against mother nature and of course as soon as the burgers were done the rain started.  7 kids in that family,  6 running around playing... just LOVE to watch that.  So good to have them all around and seeing all the cousins chasing each other playing ring around the rosie and the siblings chatting!  The rain pushed us in, but didn't dampen the mood.
 

Like I said busy weekend.  L    O     N     G  post huh?  ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment