Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Finally FRIDAY!!

Finally Friday!!  I swear Friday should have been on Wednesday.  We've had a LOT going on, so you think it would be going fast.  We started this week with Madison getting a little cold.  It's the 3rd one in 5 weeks.  Annoys me I think more than her.  She got very stuffed up, wouldn't eat very well and naps would be in my bed propped up on pillows so she can breathe.

Monday's are laundry days so it was a good day for Madison to be a little under the weather because we weren't going anywhere.  Unfortunately she required a bit more attention than usual and my laundry finally got finished up yesterday.  And now come to think of it... poopers.  I'm pretty sure there is a load in the dryer!  Ugh!  

Tuesdays are gymnastics day!  These mornings typically start good, but don't end well.  We will be all ready to head out the door and Makenzie either ends up nudy again or Madison has pooped and needs to be changed.  This Tuesday was a poopy morning.  Quick changed it, headed outside to see that I had to brush the truck off because there was about 3-4 inches of snow on the windshield.  Great!  This would be no big deal for most, but little me (even with a snow brush) can't reach most of the windshield.  Then as I was brushing what I could reach, the wind blew the snow right back into my face and into my jacket and down my shirt.  Brr!  Then I hopped into the seat that ended up getting covered in snow.  Brr! Off we went!

Of course with our delays we got there right at ten, when it starts.  Makenzie was hesitant to head in, we had last week off for spring break, is she that set on a schedule??  A quick kiss and I love you and I walked her in the room and left.  Whew.  What a fiasco that can be sometimes.  It's a 45 min class and most of the moms sit at tables outside the room until it is done, most of them know each other and spend the time gossiping and comparing their lives.  I take Madison aside and we quietly play.  Love those moments just one on one with her.  I'm not at home struggling with the fact that I may have something else that needs to be done too.  So I can sit in peace, not worrying about a thing!

 There are two little windows for me to peek through... so we take little peeks to see what Big Sister is doing!

I think this boy was bothering her!  He was in her space a LOT!
You tell him Makenzie!!  :-)



Tuesday evening Matt worked late while the girls and I had dinner.  Boy those evenings that he works late go FAST.  By time he comes home and eats it's time to get the girls ready for bed.  Matt plays hard with Makenzie and I have definitely noticed this week that she is SO restless... bouncing off the walls.  Seriously!  (Like Seriously, Makenzie keeps saying!!)  She's going so crazy that she keeps getting hurt and it takes a good 30 seconds before she realizes that she got hurt because she is going so fast.  

Wednesday morning we headed off on a playdate!  I wanted to snap a few pictures but they have a newborn in the house so I forgot everything else :-)  I certainly am getting my baby fix lately!!  

That evening the girls and I swung by my Grandma's to pick her up and bring her to my dutch dance practice.  I figured she could watch the girls and watch us dance while Matt was at home working on painting some trim with OUT interruptions.  Practice ended up being a hoot.  As usual it seems that most of our group doesn't show up, so Makenzie came in and "helped" a bit!  Ha!  What a stinker she is.  She was catching on pretty good for a 3 year old.  Clapping and kicking her legs here and there!  I'm sure my Grandma loved watching her and she was certainly having a good time being goofy with Madison on the side lines.  

On the way home I had to stop at the grocery store for a few items while Grandma stayed in the car with the girls.  Poor Grandma... Madison gave her a run for her money, and of course it took me longer to get out of the store because they were short staffed and lines were extremely long!  It was bedtime tho and Madison was certainly ready for bed and we weren't even home.  

Thursday was a LAZY day.  We didn't get out of pj's until almost 11!  It was SOOO nice.  Although this little girl that you see right here....


decided that it was time for Mama to clean!  After a diaper change I decided she could lay nudy for awhile, she LOVES it and is SO happy.  A few mins later she pees on the floor.  Well, it's not like she's going to go again, right!  She pooped already and peed.  NOW we are good.  No, we were not good.  After I clean up the pee I go to get the camera to snap a few pictures of her backside while she was sitting up playing.  (Can't get enough of the baby bunners!!)  I take a picture and I thought I saw something out of place.  Look closer... oh yeah.  She had poo coming out of her crackers!!!  For real!?!?  Now I have POOP on my floor!  Oh goodness.  Well, now we HAVE to be good.  I get all the cleaning supplies out to clean the floor, set her off the rug.  Yup she peed again.  :-)  

While Madison napped Makenzie and I worked on letters and numbers!
Practicing writing letters.

Number time!

I asked her to tell me what numbers we have learned.  Haha,
she recited them off this way :-)  Guess the letter D was
the freshest in her memory.
We finished last night off with a church service that went past the girls bedtime. The third time in 4 days for having a late bed time.  At least naps have been good!  

My Friday morning started with this little peanut all smiles!
So we cranked out a bath in hopes to be done before Makenzie woke up.
Instead Mkz got up and climbed right into the bath too :-)
Now today is finally Friday.  I've got some major housework to do but am not going to do it.  With all this work going on inside the house its just impossible to keep it clean.  So I'm not even going to bother, as much as it DRIVES ME TOTALLY CRAZY!!!  We are going to play, paint, play outside and then have dinner tonight with my cousins.  Should be a fairly relaxing day... IF I put my blinders on to my house :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment