Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yummy Fruit Popsicles!

I had been looking for a recipe to make popsicles since I'm not thrilled with any of the ones at the stores and here is what Makenzie and I came up with!  We had a fun time whipping these bad boys out!!





Fruit Popsicles

Ingredients:

Blueberries
Strawberries (diced)
Peaches (diced w/o peel)

Watermelon (Pureed)

We spread out a bunch of little Dixie cups, filling them 3/4's to the top.


Then I got my food processor out and with an icecream scoop we scooped out the watermelon and pureed it to make the juice!  You pour the juice over the fruit then plop in a popsicle stick (the fruit holds the popsicle stick in place).



We put them in the freezer and in just a few hours they were read to eat!!  When you are ready to eat them you hold the popsicle under warm water for just a few mins then are able to pull the popsicle right out of the cup.  (I recommend for little ones keeping the cup for them to put the popsicle back into incase they need to go chase a butterfly or anything else that distracts them!)


It makes a wonderful sticky mess on a 2 1/2 year old... but that's a perfect snack on a hot summer day when the sprinkler is ready and waiting to be played in!




1 comment:

  1. I love this idea for Popsicles! So easy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete