Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring IS Coming!

Last Friday my sister and I, both bored with the kids and looking for something to do... decided to bring spring to us!  We packed the kids up and headed to Hobby Lobby where we bought some clay pots, then headed to a local garden center to buy some pansies.  This garden center has a 40 year old monkey that the kids got to enjoy too!!  Once we were over looking at the monkey, we wandered to the other side of the center and let the kids (and Lisa & I too) pick out some pansies.

We headed back to my house, did a quick lunch and then threw on the paint shirts!  The kids painted their pots and then we were going to plant the flowers in them.  What fun!  LOL, and a LOT of work.  2 2 year olds I swear the only thing Lisa and I kept saying was "don't paint over your hand print"..." No!  Hey... don't paint there."  Live and learn... next time we will have the kids put their hand prints on when they are DONE painting.  




The pots turned out so stinkin' cute!  Each pot has a little hand print on it.  The kids played while we cleaned up and chatted then we headed outside to plant the flowers!




They did a good job, eh?!?

I don't have anything springy or colorful coming up in my yard yet, so I am SOOOO happy to have these colorful pansies to look at.  And just love the little Kenzie hand prints.  :0)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love those pretty painted pots and the colorful flowers!! What good mommies!

    ReplyDelete