Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Weekend in April

We didn't have a whole lot going on this past weekend.  Saturday was a chilly (a spring chilly!) and cloudy day.  Sunday started out cloudy and in the afternoon the sun came out!

This was the first Sat AM in about a month that Matt was home (he's been fishing), so it was SUPER nice having him get Makenzie up.  She seriously almost can jump to the moon she gets just SO excited when she sees Daddy walk in her room in the morning to get her out of her crib.  Precious little memories!  I made some french toast for breakfast while Matt and Makenzie snuggled on the couch watching some.... fishing.  LOL!  Hey at least he's home right!!  Haha! 

After we pretty much demo'd a whole loaf of bread Ruger, Makenzie and I all headed to the bathroom.  I was on bath duty and Matt surprised me by mopping the floor!  Once the whole fam was clean we headed off to the library to play.  I so WISH I had brought my camera along.  Makenzie took Matt right to the toys and puzzles and then to where she normally sits at the table that is just above the ground.  Next thing I know, Matt has pulled out a chair and HE is sitting on it at the table doing a puzzle with Makenzie.  LOL!  I almost died laughing.  The tops of his work boots were about to the top of the table.  6 foot 5 man at a table maybe a foot and a half off the ground.  Haha... good Daddy!!

That afternoon we spent outside working on landscaping.  Makenzie took about a 20 min nap then headed outside with her shades and shovel!

















Break time!

Done with this chair!

I want this chair!

Hmmm... tight fit.

Let's open the door some more.

There we go.  Pull!!!

Alright, back to break time.

Ahhhh....
 LOL!  I was cracking up watching Makenzie swap chairs. 

For dinner we made a Taco Pizza.  (We love making pizza with Makenzie!)


This is what happens at my house if you are in the middle of making dinner and need to step away for a min!  When you come back there is ALWAYS food missing!

Sunday AM was church then we did a quick lunch and Matt headed off to Lake MI to get skunked fishing.  Makenzie napped for the afternoon and I worked on making Lasagna for dinner and a little project that I'll post about later!

1 comment: