Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Monkey-ing around with Grandpa

(Playing catch up... this is from May)


I just love my Grandpa!  I have such an awesome relationship with my grandparents and am so thankful that my girls are able to know their great grandparents.  I've picked up a lot from them and one of them is my love of gardening.  Grandpa has SUCH a green thumb.  So on a rainy, cold, spring day the girls and I picked Grandpa up and headed to a local greenhouse.  (With a rainy day coupon in hand.) We had such a great time!

We started inside where we watched and fed the garden monkey, Mingo.  Who isn't entertained by that!?!?

Feeding Mr Mingo

He definitely has Madison's interest!

Then we headed outside, with our umbrellas to go see what we could find.  What we found were a bunch of chickens!  So Grandpa and Makenzie took off chasing the chickens around!!  Tell me... who else has chased chickens around with their great grandparent!?!?  On that stinking cold day that just warmed my heart right up.  The love that he shares with my girls is just so good.  They just adore him!
That's her bummed face after all the chickens ran in there!


Peaking in!

A quick goodbye to the monkey and we were headed back to Grandma & Grandpa's for our "usual" (Kraft Mac n Cheese!).

We left with a couple blueberry plants and some awesome memories.

1 comment: