Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Breakfast Burritos

We LOVE Breakfast Burritos.  Really love.  Best part is we make a lot at once, wrap them in wax paper and freeze them!  Super easy and quick breakfast when needed.  Great for Matt to heat up in morning to head for work or out hunting.

My mom gave me this recipe and it is a definite keeper!


Breakfast Burritos

1 lb of your choice of Meat (Bacon/Sausage)
Bag of Hashbrowns (cubed or shredded)
1 Dozen Eggs
Cheese
Tortillas (2 dozen fajita size)

Optional Adds
Peppers
Onions
Black Beans
Ham
Hot Sauce

* This makes about 2 dozen, depending on how much you stuff them & if you add anything else to mix! Make sure you have plenty of tortillas!*

I start of cooking my meat, sometimes I do half sausage half bacon.  Any way is good!  I use a big electric skillet, that way I'm not dirtying a bunch of pans, but it does take awhile.

Once meat is done I throw meat into big mixing bowl and throw in hashbrowns with diced peppers & onions.

Add finished hashbrowns to mixing bowl and cook dozen eggs in skillet.

Mix all in mixing bowl with cheese!

Roll burritos up and wrap in wax paper, then put in freezer bag.  To cook: put burrito WITH wax paper still on in microwave for about 2 mins... then... enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment