Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

~Our Menu~ February

For any of you looking for a good recipe, we made the Honey Sesame Chicken (on last menu) and it was SO GOOD!  A lot of the meals that were on our menu last time are on again this time :-)  Meaning I didn't want that for dinner and scrounged around for something else... then when I wanted it wasn't able to make it because didn't have everything for it!  :-D 

Here we go...

(Note: FM=Freezer meal *= double meal, one to eat, one to freeze for freezer meal, CP=Crockpot)

Shepherd's Pie   ~~We already had this actually :-)  Like I said last time I love this meal because we have EVERYTHING for it, thanks to Matt hunting and having a big garden.  It can be time consuming to make, having to make mashed potatoes along with the "pie" ingredients.  This time it was SUPER easy, thanks to Mother Nature giving me a great idea.  Some of our potatoes (stored in garage) froze, as they thawed they get soft and will rot.  I caught them just as they were thawing and made a monster batch of mashed potatoes, packaged them in freezer bags and into the freezer they went.  So when I had to make shepherd's pie I made the meat mixture and put the frozen blob of potatoes on top.  SUPER EASY.  Had it in the oven at like 300 for a few hours and after the potatoes thawed I spread them out and waited till it was time to eat.  

FM Sloppy Joes, Fries, Fruit

* Chicken pot pie (Doubled!)

Honey Dijon Chicken Bake, Asparagus, Italian Baked Potato Slices

Venison Steaks w/ Onions & Peppers, Corn

Hamburgers, Salad, Fruit    ~~Last time we made burgers we DID THEM UP!!!  Sliced ham, salami, jalapeno's and cheese on top.  Mouth watering good.  So thankful my man can grill a burger!!  I swear I could eat a burger every night.  There are so many different ways you can make it!

Philly Cheese steak, Honey Buttered Carrots, Strawberries  ~~ We already made this meal too.  I tell ya... Grill a steak (medium) slice it up, put it on a bun with sauteed onions and peppers on top with provolone cheese on top of that and put it under the broiler.  Yum yum... GOOD! 

French Toast with Bacon & Strawberries

BBQ Chicken, Mashed potatoes & Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment