Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

December Rain

Anyone realize that Christmas is ONLY a few weeks away!?!?!?  Really???  Yikes! 

Yesterday I pretty much finished my Christmas Shopping, thank you Amazon!  Free shipping and online... can ya beat it??  I also wrapped all of Makenzie's birthday presents and Christmas presents yesterday... in peace and quiet!  Matt and Makenzie went out to meet the rest of the family and cousins for dinner while I stayed at home sick.  Let me tell you, when you don't feel good and have a toddler it is VERY nice to have quiet alone time.

We had our first Christmas party today.  And I stayed home sick :-(  If my numbers are right this side of the family has 4 Kids (the aunts & uncles), 9 Grandkids, and 13 Grandkids... 2 people created 26 lives!!  Incredible isn't it!  So with that many grandkids it's fun to see them all play and I'm sad I missed it.  Instead I sat at home in bed catching up on Parenting and Family Fun magazines. 

Since November I have been fighting bug after bug and am sick AGAIN.  So even though Christmas is coming I'm just not in the "mood" like I usually am.  I LOVE this time of year.

Maybe if it we could have snow on the ground and a  snowmen or two in our yard, it'd get me more in the mood. 

Or having an abundance of Christmas cookies coming in and out of the oven....

Well today we had SOME snow, followed by a LOT of rain.  And making cookies sounds exhausting and I have no appetite. 

But... right now, as I type, Matthew and Makenzie are baking away in the kitchen making some Christmas Cookies!!  :-)  That's love right!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment