Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cookie Disaster!

Like I said last night Miss Makenzie and Matt were in the kitchen making Christmas cookies!  I printed off a recipe that I had Pinned (from Pinterest) and handed it over to him to make.  Very simple recipe, didn't look hard to make at all.  Let me tell you.... WRONG!  It was a disaster!!
 

I was so bummed because it was a spiral cookie and looked really neat.  But as we were following the recipe we were able to quickly tell that our flaky dry dough was not the creamy ball of dough it described in the recipe.  Matt tried all sorts of things to rectify the situation and we didn't really get anywhere.  He was able to smash it all on a cookie sheet and bake it all as one giant heap.

Grrr!  I get SOOO irritated when that happens... especially when I actually FOLLOW the recipe.  I should have known it was trouble right after I noticed it took 2 and a 1/2 sticks of butter and only 2 cups of flour (is that not a rediculus amount!?!?).  It was a mess.  Matt kept his cool, where I would have hucked the dough outside and thrown myself a pity party. 

Haha, Matt, determined to make a decent cookie before Makenzie went to bed, went to work on Gingerbread cookies!  The first batch ended up a little overdone, but they still taste the same... just a little crunchier!!  I'd have to say I think Gingerbread cookies are my fav Christmas cookie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment