Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1 Month Already!

Wow... Everyone told me once you have kids time will fly. I believed it.... I just didn't realize how quickly it does actually go! Last Thursday Makenzie was one month old! Holy Cow! Matt stayed home the first two weeks after she was born and now he is on his third week back at work. And Makenzie and I our on our third week being home together!

What fun it has been!! As usual we have good days and bad days... these past two days have been great!! Sunday and Monday she slept like it was nobody's business!
Happily Sleeping on Day 1 of being home with Mommy

She's kind of following suit today... except she wants to eat every hour and a half!! So inbetween our feedings we have been working on making some chocolate chip cookies... it's dangerous having that task spread out over a day (you really end up eating a lot!).


Last week Friday Makenzie and I headed out to lunch with the girls from work to celebrate Pat's birthday! We headed over to a great little Chinese place in Mattawan. Boy what a fiasco it was to get there. After completely blowing out her diaper, bath time was inevitable! Off to the bathroom we go. By time I get her back to the changing table she is shooting poo at me! In the end we ended up clean, dressed, and at Chinn Chinns! :0) On a postitive note... at least she got the pooing done BEFORE we were in a crowded restaurant with people trying to eat their lunch!!

I got stuck in Target for awhile last week because of Makenzie. (This is one of those things that no one warned me about! I wasn't prepared for this!) I'm looking at some clothes, Makenzie is in her car seat sleeping. All of a sudden I hear the most horrible grunting noises coming from her! These were not cute little baby noises at all! So I start walking away from where there were people.... I didn't want anyone to ask what I actually had in the car seat! Not sure if they would believe that it was cute little innocent Makenzie. Next thing I know she's tooting... squirty toots!! LOUD TOOTS!! I was totally ready to go, but there was no way I could have taken her thru the checkout lane at that point. So after dodging people until the bowel movement was over we quietly left the store! Until we get to the car and as I am putting her carseat in I hear the cart rolling away. I turn just in time to see it smash into the front of the silver sports car I was parked by. OMG. Honestly I don't remember what I did after that. I don't remember if I got the cart or high tailed it out of there!?!?

One thing that we did know about having kids was that even tho they are strapped into something you still need to watch them! I was dinking around the house while Makenzie was in her bouncy seat! Brian and Mandi were on their way down to hang out for the evening! I walked by the living room and could see her little giraffe feet hanging out. I smiled thinking how stinking cute that outfit is to have little giraffe heads on her feet and it looked really cute sticking out from the blanket! I cross by the living room again looking at them and head to the bedroom. By time I got to the bedroom I was thinking that I swore I had her feet all snuggled in the blanket too... so I head back out there and walk over to the bouncy seat and all I see looking down is this blanket surrounding her and a little brown patch of hair on her head! The top of her head and her giraffe feet were all I could see!! For some reason the bottom had busted out of the bouncy seat sending her down to the ground. Blanket stayed in place tho! Here's a pic of those feet hanging out!
Her face is right behind the flower! :0) I laughed so hard!!! And she didn't make a peep!! That diaper must have been nice and cushy! This is her face after I uncovered her!


Here's Makenzie and her swing! Styling with the headband Grandma Anne made for her!!


We have another exciting weekend coming up! This past weekend we celebrated Dad's birthday with some wonderful ribs, potatoes, and cake!! (There was other food, but those were my favs!) Makenzie played on the floor with Grandma Anne and Auntie Lindsay, who also read her a book! I have some cute pics of that... BUT my camera isn't working again.

This Friday we are heading out to the mall with Grandma and Lindsay to help prom dress shopping. It will be Makenzie's first time in her stroller for a walk! I'm excited to go walk and people watch! Then on Sunday we are having a family dinner at Grandma Sally and Grandpa Tom's!

No comments:

Post a Comment