Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Go Fish!!

Few Saturdays back we dropped Miss Madison off at my mom's house, picked up my dad, and the 4 of us (Matt, Dad, Mkz & I) headed out ice fishing again.  We were going to a lake that my Dad grew up on and I spent a good chunk of time at as a kid as well.  It's been a long time since I was out there so I was anxious to see it!

(Not the greatest pic with my phone but you can see shanties to the
left and right, golf cart in the center!)

Last time we went fishing we were the ONLY ones out on the lake.  This time there was a village out there!!  Never seen anything like it!  Those little ice fishing houses were popped up all over the place, people were walking all over, there were snowmobiles, quads, golf carts everywhere.  How cool!?!?  People were grilling out there even.  I was telling Matt if we had some of those toys I could stay out there all day... grilling on the ice sounds like a ridiculous amount of fun, we could do breakfast food then lunch.  Most of the ice shanties had portable heaters in them to warm up a bit (not that I was cold because we were so bundled up). Cruise around on the snowmobile for awhile, socialize with others, catch fish!


Makenzie was in charge of picking out a spot.  Which got poo-pooed by Matt & Grandpa twice.  Seeing as how we only caught two fish right at the very end... I think you boys ought to listen to Makenzie next time!!

We packed lunch so we could have a wintery picnic on the ice.  My dad had this handy heating cushion that would warm up when you sat on it.


 
Slow day.....  kind of like last time... Matt caught a little dinky fish and I soon caught a little dinky fish after that.  But as usual... we had fun!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment