Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Snuggles & Shopping

Yesterday AM we had a combined church service that started earlier and lasted longer.  It was a great service but boy does that jack things up with a baby.  Typically she has already had her AM nap by time we get to church, that didn't happen... and IT was loud and packed and we got seats in the front... see where this is going?  We were up and down the whole service.  That was us Sunday AM, that annoying couple that just should have sat in the back of the church but sat in the very front :-)


Madison didn't nap and came home hungry and tired.  She didn't hardly want anything to do with her cereal, so I nursed her and put her down for a nap.  Yikes... that didn't work.  After some snuggles on the couch she was out.  I handed her off to Matt to get some housework done and this is how he spent his afternoon:

Precious, huh!?












Today is, or was, grocery shopping day!! Woot woot!  As with any other grocery shopping day here it has been VERY cold (17 degrees today), windy and snowy.  Which makes for sucky trips from the store to the truck with an overflowing cart, baby in a carseat and a few inches of slush or snow you are trying to push thru.  Of course my boots are totally just for show (they do keep my feet warm tho) and have zip for tread so half the time my feet are definitely not where they are suppose to be and I am seconds away from belly-flopping into the mess.
This little cutie patootie was my shopping buddy today!  She would peek out of her little nest, give me a few smiles, and hold my list for me.  So sweet.  Had a little heart failure when I looked at her and my list was gone!!  At that point I had only been to one store and had a decent list for the next store.  Where did I find it??  She had it all snuggled in with her, holding on to it for dear life!  Guess I don't have to worry about her losing my list.  My last shopping trip Madison went plowing with Matt and I had Makenzie.  Loved it.  We certainly don't get too much one on one time and it sure is great when we do, even if we are at a store!  (Not to mention having only one child to keep an eye on while shopping is wonderful!)

Makenzie asked to go to Great Grandma's & Poppa's house... I gladly took her over to entertain them for awhile!  Like I said earlier... taking only one to the store... especially since she is corralled... is great! 

At LEAST 4 foot snow banks at Grandma & Grandpa's!!



1 comment: