Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Friday, February 21, 2014

14 Days of Valentine’s & {Date # 1} Dinner at Home



This Valentine’s I thought it would be fun to spread the love out.  So after thinking of some ideas I decided I would do 14 days of Valentine’s for Matt!  I made a list of different “gifts” I could do for Matt and assigned each gift a day.  

These weren’t gifts that I went out and bought (some were, but not all).  Most of these were little favors that I would do to make his day a little easier and show him that he is loved.  What fun this was!  It was a surprise each day to him, he didn’t know what his ‘one thing’ would be that day.  In fact, he didn’t put two and two together until day 7!  Haha!  That boy! 

I love surprising him and doing little things that make him happy and smile.  That just makes it so worth it… especially when some of these were a bit of a pain.  I can tell you I got a thank you 14 days in a row and a smile each day.  I’d say it was a success!

Day 1: Fountain Mountain Dew & Beef sticks from butcher shop.  This one blew him away!!  I can’t even TELL you when the last time I was in a gas station.  I despise them, I think they are totally disgusting and typically stay as far away from them as I can.  You should have seen his face when I brought him a pop from a Gas Station…. His face… totally shocked.  His face wasn’t even that shocked when I told him I was pregnant with either girls!  (LOL, I have a better chance of being pregnant than going to a gas station!!)

Day 2: Made him a nice breakfast & lunch.  He is our breakfast chef and today he got to relax while I had the kitchen duties covered!  (It didn’t turn out as well as his does, he is just that good!)

Day 3: Took the trash out and to the road.  Typically I get all the trash out of the house so it’s waiting for him to put in the dumpster and take to the end of the drive.  Today, on this yucky snowy day, I shoveled my way to the end of the drive, shoveled a spot for the dumpster to sit, and even shoveled the drive :0)


Table for two!!
(FYI, my candle's were uneven... so I had one going for awhile!)



Day 4: Date night at home!  Okay this one almost came to a screeching halt.  I had a friend pick the girls up just before 5 and take them to her house for the night, so when Matt got home they would be gone.  There was a beautiful looking pork/beef roast in the crockpot, potatoes were made, beans were waiting… then I got the call that he was still at work and would be working til 7-7:30.  Yikes!  I have to pick the girls up by 7:30 because Madison goes to bed between then and 8.  Oh boy.  I said ‘Not sure that’s going to work… see if you can get out sooner, girls are gone, surprise!  Date night at home, I have a great dinner already made and waiting!’  Go figure right!?!?  Turned out great.  I got some time ALONE!!!  I jammed to some music and Matt came home an hour or so later. 

Day 5: Back Massage!  Almost 40 mins… my thumbs hurt!  Haha!

Day6:  Treated to an Ice Cream Sundae with chocolate sauce, sprinkles, peanuts & cool whip!

Day7: Made a special lunch for him to take to work.

Day 8: Helped him take down all his tree stands on his hunting properties!  Whew, what a task that was!!  Walking thru snow that was above my knees and hauling these big tree stands.  It was in the teens but we were sweating!

Day 9: Cleaned out the coffee pot and got it loaded and ready for today’s coffee!

Day 10: Pedicure!  Yup I said pedicure!  After the girls went to bed, I filled our bubbling water bath with nice hot water and let those giant feet soak!  Then I continued on with the pedicure and did it all but painted the boys nails ;-)  He was almost asleep by time I was done.  Guess that was relaxing!! 

Day 11: Valentine’s Day cookies!  The girls and I made Matthew some sugar cookies that maybe didn’t turn out so good.  Ha.  But boy did we have fun making them!  Miss Madison was really impressed with everything her big sister got to do!

Playing!  Who get's the measuring cup!?!?

Ok, Makenzie's done playing... back off Miss Madi!

This just makes me laugh!  My little chefs!!

They looked great!!
Then they baked and um... yeah, didn't go so well!

Day 12: Set his clothes out for the morning in the bathroom, packed his lunch & breakfast, poured his coffee into his coffee mug and went out and started the car for him!  Haha, he made me laugh SO HARD.  He goes to his coffee… grunts… holds his coffee in front of him at eye level and says “What the?”.  He was wondering why there was only a little bit of coffee left in the pot.  Well, I had already poured it and it was waiting in his mug for him!!  Haha!

Day 13: Cinnamon Rolls!  The kind that take ALL day to make.  Rising, kneading, rising, baking!  Perfect sweet for my sweetie’s breakfast!

Rolling up the cinnamon roll!
Day 14: Happy Valentine’s Day!  We didn’t really do anything out of the ordinary.  He did surprise me with a gift certificate for a pedicure :-D  And my one thing for him was ear buds, so he could listen to music at work on his computer.

Seriously, this was fun!!  My plans got screwed up just a few times where I had to improvise and switch days, but overall I sure had fun doing it.  He does SO much for us and has been SO busy between work and plowing I was happy to give him 14 days of something nice being done for him. 

After doing this I think that it would be fun to do sporadically throughout the year!  Anyone with me?!  Maybe for an anniversary??  Birthday??  Or why not just because!!  I challenge you to find someone to do this to this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment