Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Christmas Knockout Continued… OUR CHRISTMAS!



By Christmas Eve, we were all getting pretty cranky.  Makenzie was working on feeling better, Matt was still pretty out, and I was plain exhausted dealing with the family, holidays, and being sick myself.  We had a very low key day.  Made another batch of sugar cookies, that Makenzie and I frosted especially for Santa and that was the extent of our day.

Makenzie playing with playdough while I made the cookies!  I didn't want germs in there!
(Although, we "may" have had some chunks of playdough in the cookie dough...
not to worry {those of you that got cookies from us} playdough is edible!!)
Christmas Eve evening after dinner, the girls had one gift that they could open, which was some Christmas Jammies!  I was really hoping for matching jams, but that just didn’t happen.  Close tho.


That night, we put Santa’s cookies out….

And then the questions and anxiety came!  Boy, we totally didn’t expect this!
“I don’t want Santa to come.”  “He’s coming in MY HOUSE?”  “How?”  “Are you sure he won’t come in a my room?”  “I don’t want him a land on our roof.  I will be angry if he knocks my tars down.” {Glow in the dark stars on her ceiling} “When will he be here?”  LOL!  Holy cow!  Wow.  Until she asked these questions, I didn’t think about how scary it would be having a big fat hairy man in our house that has flying deer that will be on our roof!   Guess I was focused on the gifts as a kid! 
Even though she seemed quite uncertain about all of that, she fell asleep VERY quickly.  Mamma and Daddy were thankful because we were exhausted and headed to bed soon after.
Christmas morning, Santa had come, set up a little Christmas tree for us (Our Christmas tree was in our living room and the fireplace is in the family room) and had a few gifts for each girl under it.  Neither of the girls were interested in pictures, or really, the gifts!  “I just want to eat this cookie first Mom.”  So Santa didn’t finish the cookies and Makenzie couldn’t take her eyes off of them or think about anything else until she ate them!  Ha!!

So we made a deal.  You smile for a picture… You get a cookie!


A deals a deal!
This girl picks cookies over gifts!  Crazy!

Excited… can’t you tell??

Onto Gifts!


Surprising find in Matt’s stocking!  (Someone snuck into our house and put coal in his stocking!!  Haha,  I didn’t do it!) 
Makenzie's Santa Loot

Madison's Santa Loot

Matt made us a delicious breakfast, we got ready for the day, then dove into the gifts under the Christmas tree!
This little cutie patootie was excited!!

LOTS of ribbon on his gifts!

A little sign we made for Daddy!  We love him!!

Mama's little chef!!  NOW has her own apron!
Time to decorate it now!

Patiently waiting for more presents.

"My Bow n Rrrow!"

Daddy explaining to Miss M that it even has her name on it!
 
Our Family Christmas 2013

 

1 comment: