Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Elf on a Shelf... Day 5

Not going to lie, yesterday got "kinda" crazy!  Makenzie was up by 5 am, Matt was at work by 6:30 (and not home until after dinner), Madison was crying unless she was being held, I had some laundry to do and we were trying to decorate!  Day 2 of decorating since day 1 didn't go as planned with both kids cranky and crying.  I am bringing up one box at a time and the one box I brought up on Monday had been scattered throughout the house by little Makenzie.




Madison's tooth first tooth is coming in... she has been working on it for awhile and that bugger is just taking it's TIME.  Lots of crying, little napping, you know how it goes.




We sure made the best of it yesterday.  Got two loads of laundry washed with Makenzie's help (yup, they are waiting to be folded).  Then when we got Madison down for her morning nap we whipped up our first batch of Christmas cookies!!!  We made pumpkin cookies with a red (okay so it turned out pink) glaze over the top.  Not the traditional Christmas cookie, but I bought a bunch of pumpkin to bake with this fall and never got to it... so we are spicing things up and will be putting pumpkin cookies on our cookie trays!  Boo-yah!

In the evening we got another box of Christmas decorations out.  I am having such a hard time decorating.  First off the decorations are being randomly put throughout the house (most on our fireplace) before I can even see them.  And second, I don't know where they go!!  I know I decorated last year, but my last Christmas was kind of a blur (major pregnancy sick and sinus infection for half the month).  So nothing has a "home" yet and I think WAY to long about it before I find that perfect spot. 

I am also trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff.  I have TOO much and don't always use it all and I've had it for a number of years, so I am ready to get some newer stuff.  But many of these items were gifts to Matt and I and I feel kind of like a bum getting rid of them. 



So that was yesterday's scoop.  This morning while we were eating breakfast we noticed "Deer" our elf had started decorating the dining room by taking ornaments out of my basket and hung them from our lights!  I would have appreciated if he would have left the basket alone, got the rest of the decorations put up :-)  Wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment