Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wrinkled Laundry, A Messy House, Lots of Tomatoes & Crumbs

To say that my life has been busy these past 7 weeks is an understatement!  And I can't believe how fast it has just flown by.  I have a 7 week old already!!  That's almost 2 months.  Jeez... really??? 

I have been working on a pretty impressive juggling act. 
Obviously Miss Madison gets lots of attention as feedings and diaper changes and getting her calmed down or to sleep take up a better part of my day. 
Then there is the busy Makenzie that's always looking to play.
A garden that is in FULL harvest mode!
A Husband to keep an eye on (so this kind of thing doesn't happen all the time)!

And as I'm trying to juggle those four things... I have forgotten the laundry that I was working on that is now wrinkly in the dryer or tossed on my bed to be folded.  Makenzie's breakfast crumbs are everywhere.  I have tomatoes all over the counter and some pesky fruit flies.  Dirty dishes are in the sink waiting to go into the dishwasher, but those dishes are cleaned and waiting to be put away.  It's now lunch time and oops!  Forgot to go to the store... we are out of bread.  :-)  How about another bowl of cereal Makenzie!?!?  Haha! I am sure many of you Mama's out there are nodding your head saying ' Yup!  I remember those days!'.  

Things really have been going very well.  We had a great little honeymoon with Madison and then she turned into a real newborn and we haven't left that yet.  She needs a lot of attention, especially when she is awake.  When she's awake she is crying unless you are holding her.  When she's tired she needs to be rocked to sleep.  So I have left the house messy, left my wrinkly laundry in the dryer, left the tomatoes to wait along with those cracker crumbs that Ruger isn't eating and turned my attention to the girls! 
Which isn't the easiest thing to do when my mind set is to get all my housework done before play.  Grr... a constant struggle I deal with.  I am a stay at home MOM.... they don't care if I have dirty dishes or wrinkly laundry... they just want my attention. 

While Madison has been napping, Makenzie and I have gotten tomatoes canned and salsa made!  This girl LOVES helping Mama in the kitchen and I LOVE my time spent with her there. 


Throughout all this, we have managed to freeze about 40 meals of green beans and canned over 60 jars (peaches, salsa, tomatoes, pickled peppers).  We are pretty much done with the tomatoes now and on to pickling some more peppers and maybe another batch of salsa.  We'll see.

Yesterday was so nice.  I don't have any garden veggies sitting on my counter waiting for me to do something with so it was a pretty mellow day where I did very little housework.  How refreshing!!  Now that I can see the garden wrapping up I'm noticing how much time it has taken up and how much more time I will have to busy myself with something else :-)  Maybe I'll get to hop on here more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment