Life's adventures with Matt, Amanda and the girls... Makenzie and Madison!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Birth Story: Part 1

(Madison was born on a Wednesday, but this really starts on Monday.)

Monday I had my 38 week doctor's appointment.  I was a little anxious about this appointment because this was the appointment that we were going to decide if I should be induced or wait until labor actually starts.  Most women want to wait until their body says it's go time, but I have an extremely indecisive body that had me going thru LOTS of false labor with Makenzie and by time the actual labor had started my body was whooped.  I had a long labor, lost almost two nights of sleep and took a long time to recover.  I did NOT want to do that again if I didn't have to, especially with one already at home that would be needing my attention.

The appointment went well.  I was dilated to 3 cm and thinning so the Dr gave me the thumbs up to be induced!  We scheduled it for 6:30 Wednesday morning.  He ran me thru the procedure: start pitocen, break water, labor, baby by dinner time.  Rock and Roll!  That sounded fantastic!  Baby by dinner that's not even 12 hours in labor!!  I was happy!

The rest of Monday and Tuesday I spent doing some final touches and spending LOTS of time with Makenzie.  I was really really sad about having those be our last days of just us home while Matt was at work.  I tried to make the best of it but in turn I was an emotional mess and went thru the day with lots of tears. 
Getting gifts ready for Cousin Natalie & Zachary's Birthdays!

Nothing better than homemade wrapping paper decorated by my favorite 2 year old!!

Last picture of Mama and Makenzie!  Her seat is about to disappear!

38 Weeks Day 7!
Makenzie and I did a lot of talking on Monday and Tuesday on what the rest of the week would bring.  I wanted her to know where I would be and where she would be and what would be going on.  In hopes that there wouldn't be any nerves or uneasiness while Mom and Dad were away.  I wasn't sure she really understood what was going on and where we would be, but I think she did!  Putting her to bed that Tuesday night was a JOB.  'Mama!?!?  Do you hear me???  Are you here?'  'Mama??  Are you going to the baby dokter yet?'  'Mama!!  Where's Daddy?  Is Daddy here?'  This went on for a long time before that little mind stopped spinning and she was able to doze off.

I was worried about how I would sleep, but having everything all planned and ready to go... I happily fell into a nice sleep.  Just after 5 the next morning our alarm went off to start the birth day!  Oh I was SOOOO excited.  Girl or boy, girl or boy!?!?  I just couldn't wait to find out and couldn't wait to see this babe!  Just after 6 we headed off to the hospital.  The morning was just perfect.  Beautiful sun rise, the air was a bit cool and smelled like a nice summer day... I was definitely at peace!

OFF WE GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment